As we mentioned in our last post, our phone has been ringing steadily over the last couple months with calls from folks coming to Winnipeg for FIFA Women’s World Cup soccer from June 8th to 16th.
Manitoba has proclaimed 2015 the Year of Sport, and there are plenty more attractions for sports lovers visiting the area in June. Here are some ideas for other events you might like to incorporate into your stay:
- The Winnipeg Goldeyes play games at Shaw Park in downtown Winnipeg throughout June.
- The River City Dragon Boat Festival in support of the Canadian Cancer Society takes place in Winnipeg from June 5th to 6th.
- The Manitoba Diving Provincial Championships take place June 12-14 at the Pan Am Pool.
- The 2015 Triple Threat Triathlon and Duathlon takes place in Birds Hill Provincial Park on June 14th.
- The 2015 Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries 55 Plus Games take place in Beausejour June 16-18.
- The 2015 Manitoba Marathon takes place June 21st in Winnipeg. The event includes a full marathon, half-marathon, 10K, Relay, and 2.6 mile fun run, and a Fit Expo.
- The 5K Foam Fest “funcore” race takes place in Beaconia on June 27th.
- The Pain in the ASSiniboine urban adventure (a 32km bike and canoe/kayak race) takes place in and around Winnipeg on June 28th.
Contact us today to reserve your site, and happy planning!